Your Docs Project BarCamp session FUDConF11
A shorter URL for this page is http://tinyurl.com/yourdocsfudconf11 .
Talk about this
- State of Docs is really wiki + upcoming CMS
- Docbook, Publican, and fedorahosted.org are all the geeky side
- State of the wiki
- Other ways to contribute
- CMS needs
Video of the session
Notes from session (raw)
Conversion from MoinMoin caused even bigger problems in the content, but one worth solving.
Instead of Some/Nested/Page/Name, use Special:Categories.
Categories can contain sub-cats, pages, media (with auto gallery creation).
We are reorg'ing content so all page names are flat.
Page names are natural language.
Every page has a category, and probably a sub-category.
Trees of categories.
Search needs to get rid of CamelCase.
Page naming automatically redirects to the new page.
For top-level categories, we want (around) three nodes.
Wikibot can use:
Get your sub-project included there. If you have ever pushed to fedorahosted.org, you have permissions to add or edit a PSV (pipe separted values) file there. If needed, request 'gitwikirename' in FAS.
- We currently do stuff in Fedora Hosted -- documentation in invididual projects, mostly git
- How do we want to gather content? CMS
- We need something useful to put on fp.o's front page
Brainstorming happens here -- what are the requirements of this?
- Draft -> edit -> publish
- Wiki is more informal (it's a wiki, fix it!), the more controlled area is for bug reports, etc
- Ian sucks at taking notes