Support multipath devices
- Name: Peter Jones
- Name: Denise Dumas -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 13
- Last updated: 2010-11-05
- Percentage of completion: 100%
Update anaconda storage code, mkinitrd and dracut to recognize and correctly use multipathed devices.
Work items for F12:
Benefit to Fedora
Not much multipathed hardware is typically used with Fedora. Those with access to such systems are actively solicited to perform testing. We have very limited hardware access, which hampers the debugging effort.
X86 X86_64 S390 PPC
- Each platform should be able to install and boot from:
- Multipathed device
- Additional test cases:
- More? What else should we be testing?
Significantly similar to that of today.
Hardware availability, hardware support in kernel and utilities
Non-multipathed hardware is not affected by this code. Worst case we disable it.
- Will require mention in the Install Guide
- A simple statement of support with pointer to how to configure the hardware
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Features/MP