Archive:FUDCon:Zurich 2010 planning
The old Zurich bid information can be seen here.
Integration with FrOSCamp
What does this look like? Are there co-branding opportunities? How tightly integrated are the two events?
- Same head organizers
- Same building
- Same party (Wired Dreams) on Friday evening
- FUDCon only party (FUDPub) on Saturday evening
- Dedicated FUDCon rooms (except shared keynote room)
- Accommodation contingent primarily for FUDCon, but basically open to FrOSCamp
- Separated budgets (some shared costs, tho) and sponsors/donations
- Similar audience
- Hopefully some interaction between projects
Update these pages accordingly:
FUDCon usually requires one big room (about 150 people), 4 or 5 smaller rooms (20-30 people), and some open meeting space. Wireless internet with open access to all ports is required.
- Some rooms (mostly with 60 seats) have already been organized (the total number has to be shared with FrOSCamp tho) and Marcus is trying to organize more (they have been reserved by another person of the ETHZ while we've been waiting for the bid process to end).
- The big keynote room (172 seats) is shared with FrOSCamp but FUDCon will be able to get its day started in there.
We'll need a big block of hotel rooms. People usually expect to have roommates at FUDCon, but sometimes folks prefer to have a single room.
We'll need to provide some transportation tips for people to get to the hotel, and to the event.
- Hotel and event location already provide information on how to get there
- TODO: improve above mentioned instructions
- TODO: create maps (for the survival kit)
- TODO: picture hotel's airport shuttle
- TODO: recommend certain ticket type (day tickets or Zurich Card)
Social EventsWe need to organize a social event.
- FUDCon participants are invited to FrOSCamp's Wired Dreams Party on Friday evening (organized by Marcus and Sandro with the help of ETHZ students) and there'll be a FUDPub on Saturday evening (organized by Marcus with some help by Sandro).
- Gerold will maybe organize a social event on Saturday or Sunday depends on some dependencies but will be fixed soon (in April); will be a surprise, but typical for Switzerland. Costs are moderat (for Swiss conventions).
- Marcus also had some idea for some kind of sightseeing on Sunday afternoon, please coordinate things!
We need to organize the BarCamp.
- Sunday will be BarCamp day.
We need to organize hackfests.
- Hackfests can be planned on all three days.
- Marcus is in touch with ETHZ's multimedia folks to provide live streaming and recording of all sessions.
We need badges, based on the information on the registration list.
Travel and lodging sponsorships
Are there any VIPs who we want at FUDCon? Do we have the ability to set aside a chunk of money to help people travel to the event? How will we make sure that folks from all over EMEA get to the event?