The Fedora Localization Project - Redesign Task
Here I'm collecting ideas for the redesign of the wiki pages around the FLP. This way we can discuss first and make the changes later. Feel free to add your ideas, wishes and suggestions. Thank you.
- Banner like Docs , Ambassadors and others
- all page title such look the same : The Fedora Localization Project - Page title
- all pages should be categorize : Category:Localization (acc. to Infrastructure/CommonProblems this is not a good idea)
- Language list removed from Teams -> placed a link at L10N which point to http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages
- Team overwiew
- Add some more information to L10N/GUI page. It have to be more clear what this page is about.
- What else? Are important information missing?
Right now the following topics are placed at L10N
- Language list : ok for me this way, it's easier to handle than managing a list that shows 75 languages
- Joining the Fedora Localization Project : most importent section at the front page, maybe split in 2 or 3 sections: New Translators, Translators from l10n.redhat.com, and Maintainers, QA, Tools and more.
To learn how to join Fedora Localization Project, please refer to the Join page.
|New Translator|| Old Translators
|other ways to help|
| - TQSG
- Website Translation
| - point to short summary of TQSG
| - Bug reporting |
- Become a Maintainer
- Become a Coordinator
- More info can be found on the Documentation Translation page, which is specific to the Docs Project.
- Teams : link to separate page, ok for me, maybe a little more text
We work in teams, with each team being responsible for a language/region. The central place to list teams is at L10N/Teams , which we try to keep more or less up to date. If your team is not listed there, please add it to the table. Another place to see a list of the teams and the languages Fedora is translated to, is at http://translate.fedoraproject.org/teams/.
- Communication : ok
- Mailing list : merge with Commits list
- IRC channel : ok
- Meetings : ok
- Commits list : moved up
- Schedule :
- Tasks :
- Bug Reporting, Testing, and Quality Assurance :
- Translation Project Maintainers : move to a separate page -> a draft version: L10N/Maintenance (most content from L10N/Tools )
- L10N/Maintainer : is anything missing?
For the moment there are some intersection with L10N because of backup reasons ;-)
Super ultra fast quick start guide
A very short summary of the TQSG. Not for newbies. Only for "senior" translators who are moving from
elvis to FLP.
- server adresses
- only the basic cvs commands (from L10N/Tools )
- only the useful bugzilla search queries
Maybe it's a good idea to place something like that in the "welcome" mail.