Become a docs project contributor
Before contributing to the Docs Project ask yourself if you want to join the docs project. The bare minimum you will need is a Fedora Access System account (FAS) Fedora Contributor License Agreement (CLA). Once you have a FAS account, you will be granted a fedoraproject.org email alias.
On Licensing / Copyrights
This wiki is under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License (see FedoraProject:Copyrights for details).
The format depends on the type of document the contributor is writing.
- The website is in HTML.
- The guides are developed in XML and converted to HTML and .pdf
- Fedora uses Mediawiki and uses Mediawiki syntax for the wiki pages.
- Gobby is a great real-time documentation collaboration service.
- Publican is a command line tool for converting DocBook XML documents into other formats, such as HTML, PDF, and EPUB.
- Works not directly saved into the wiki should be saved in git via Fedora Hosted.
Pointers for contributors looking for documents to write
- Pick something from the new contributors task list.
- Check out the guides table and find a documentation buddy.
- The wiki itself needs to be gardened. Check out the pages that need love index.
- Go bug hunting.
- Have some other crazy idea? Great! Let's discuss it on the Docs mailing list.
How it all gets done
- Check out the Docs Project workflow