2008 August 13 FESCo Meeting
- Brian Pepple (bpepple)
- Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
- Josh Boyer (jwb)
- Jon Stanley (jds2001)
- Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
- Karsten Hopp (kick_)
- Jarod Wilson (j-rod)
- Bill Nottingham (notting)
- David Woodhouse (dwmw2)
Upstart Status Update
- Casey Dahlin (sadmac2) and Scott James Remnant (Keybuk) gave an update on the status of Upstart for F10. It was planned that with Upstart 0.5, Fedora would begin converting large parts of the system to the "upstart way of doing things". Keybuk pointed out that several very core use cases, pertaining to the mounting of file systems, instance jobs, etc, are poorly served by current Upstart. So, until these issues are resolved upstream, we will hold off on convertering to the "upstart way of doing things".
Revert curl change made for flash
- After a contentious discussion of whether to use an empty shared library linked to libcurl.so.4 (proposal #1), or to make a compat sub-package for libcurl.so.3 (proposal #2). FESCo approved proposal #1.
- Proposal #1: jds2001, Kick_, nirik, bpepple
- Proposal #2: jwb, dgilmore
- Abstain: j-rod
- FESCo approved the following feature for F10:
- FESCo reversed their previous decision regarding Python-NSS, after being given more information about the feature.
- FESCo held off on approving the 30 Second Startup(1) feature, since they had some questions regarding it.
IRC log can be found at: http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2008-08-13.html