Common Build and Packaging Problems on x86_64 and how to solve them
- Pointer / int problems: on x86_64, pointers are long, not int. See bug 158646 for an example of how to solve this problem.
- 64bit libraries live under /usr/lib64: if you use "%configure; make ; %makeinstall", etc, you should be ok.
ToDo List (most of this normally should have a bug report in bugzilla assigned)
- mknbi: Should we copy the i386 one over to the x86_64 tree? Probably a x86_64 version is not very interesting; Someone who knows this stuff should llok into it.
- are there other i386 packages that might be interesting for the x86_64 tree?
Packages that are missing in x86_64-fedora-extras because...
- ...they are only of interest for i386:
- ...have deeper problems on x86_64 that probably never get fixed
- ...they have "Exclude
Arch: x86_64" due to build problems that could not be solved yet:
- cvsup: bug report missing
- mknbi: see also todo-list
- pl: linking problem related to either ELF visibility attributes or PIC https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=149038
- ...something else
Ada: missing because there is no gcc-gnat in x86_64-core