F10 release summary
As always, Fedora continues to develop and integrate the latest free and open source software. The following sections provide a brief overview of major changes from the last release of Fedora. For more details about other features that are included in Fedora 10, refer to their individual wiki pages that detail feature goals and progress.
Throughout the release cycle, there are interviews with the developers.
Major features for Fedora 10
- Wireless connection sharing enables ad hoc network sharing
- Better setup and use of printers through improved management tools
- Virtualization storage provisioning for local and remote connections now simplified
- SecTool is a new security audit and intrusion detection system
- RPM 4.6 is a major update to the powerful, flexible software management libraries
Other interesting features in Fedora 10
- Glitch free audio and better performance is achieved through a rewrite of the PulseAudio sound server to use timer-based audio scheduling
- Improved webcam support
- Better support for infrared remote controls makes them easier to connect and work with many applications
- The paths /usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin have been added to the PATH for normal users, to simplify command-line administration tasks
- The online account service provides applications with credentials for online accounts listed on online.gnome.org or stored in GConf
Features for Fedora 10 are tracked on the feature list page.
Also refer to
- See also RedHatContributions