FPC meeting process
FPC meeting process
This guide explains how to manage and run the FPC IRC meeting, it works similar to the FESCo_meeting_process and this page should document the differences.
One "business day" before the meeting is scheduled, do the following tasks: (So, Friday if meetings are Monday, etc)
1. First check the trac ticket items that have been modified recently:
2. Generate an email to the email@example.com list, and CC firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following template:
Schedule for Thursday's FPC Meeting (YYYY-MM-DD 16:00 UTC)
(Replace "Thursday's" with the day of week for the meeting)
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FPC meeting Thursday at YYYY-MM-DD 16:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-1 on irc.freenode.net. Local time information (via. rktime): YYYY-MM-DD 09:00 Wed US/Pacific YYYY-MM-DD 12:00 Wed US/Eastern YYYY-MM-DD 16:00 Wed UTC YYYY-MM-DD 17:00 Wed Europe/London YYYY-MM-DD 18:00 Wed Europe/Paris YYYY-MM-DD 18:00 Wed Europe/Berlin YYYY-MM-DD 21:30 Wed Asia/Calcutta ------------------new day---------------------- YYYY-MM-DD 00:00 Thu Asia/Singapore YYYY-MM-DD 00:00 Thu Asia/Hong_Kong YYYY-MM-DD 01:00 Thu Asia/Tokyo YYYY-MM-DD 02:00 Thu Australia/Brisbane Links to all tickets below can be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/report/12 = Followups = #topic #NNN Title of ticket .fpc NNN https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/NNN = New business = #topic #NNN Title of ticket .fpc NNN https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/NNN = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The report of the agenda items can be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/report/12 If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fpc, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Replace NNN with the ticket numbers and add in Title of tickets.
Day of meeting
1. Send out a reminder IRC message about 30 minutes before the meeting to the #fedora-devel IRC channel. By doing:
/msg fedbot say #fedora-devel FPC meeting in 30 minutes in #fedora-meeting-1
2. Send out a reminder IRC message as the meeting starts to the #fedora-devel IRC channel. By doing:
/msg fedbot say #fedora-devel FPC meeting starting now in #fedora-meeting-1
1. When #endmeeting runs it displays links for the logs. Use the .txt and then .log.txt files in your email created above. Send it out to email@example.com right after meeting. (If you wait, it's very easy to forget). (Make sure and CC: firstname.lastname@example.org too)
The subject should be:
Summary/Minutes from today's FPC Meeting (YYYY-MM-DD 16:00 - HH:MM UTC)
2. Process through tickets comment/close them as appropriate.