Feature Name Xfce-4.12
Updates the Fedora Xfce desktop to 4.12. This release incorporates minor changes and bugfixes to the lightweight Xfce desktop.
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 2013-01-29
- Percentage of completion: 10%
This update fixes many bugs and improves the lightweight and featurefull Xfce desktop.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora Xfce users will have the latest software from Upstream and enjoy an improved experience.
Xfce core packages need to be upgraded. (17 packages):
exo garcon gtk-xfce-engine libxfce4ui libxfce4util thunar thunar-volman tumbler xfce4-appfinder xfce4-dev-tools xfce4-panel xfce4-power-manager xfce4-session xfce4-settings xfconf xfdesktop xfwm4
How To Test
The full Xfce desktop tests should be run on this feature. Any common desktop functions should work.
- Exo is improved to look for more applications in preferred apps
- Allow building of some core packages against gtk3 for testing. gtk2 versions will still be the ones distributed.
- Remove old code thats no longer used in some components.
- Many minor improvements in the Thunar file manager.
- Improved history in xfce4-run
- Improved multi monitor support.
This feature depends on the upstream 4.12 schedule: http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.12/roadmap
Packages would stay the 4.10 versions.
- To be determined.