What we are
Fedora Engineering is a team within Red Hat whose members have the following responsibilities:
- Work full time at Red Hat to improve Fedora
- Maintain, deploy, and improve Fedora's infrastructure and web applications
- Package, update, and bug fix Fedora's version of the Linux kernel
- Collaborate with other teams within Red Hat and other FOSS communities
- Ensure an open line of communication between Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux efforts
Please note: Our job is to work on projects to improve the state of the Fedora universe, but we are not here to replace the larger Fedora community. In all of our efforts, we strive to work tightly with the Fedora community (both those inside and outside of Red Hat).
Also noteworthy: There are some people who work full-time on Fedora for Red Hat but are not part of the Fedora Engineering division. There are also lots of Red Hat people who work on Fedora in addition to efforts such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and upstream projects, but work for other groups within Red Hat.
Who we are
The Fedora Engineering team is managed by Paul W. Frields. The team categories below are for simplicity's sake, since these team members' work often overlaps.
Design and User Experience Team
Infrastructure Administration Team
Infrastructure Applications Team
Release Infrastructure Team
- (incumbent starting January 2018)
What We're Doing
Our FY18 plan can be found here: Fedora_Engineering/FY18_Plan
Our FY17 plan can be found here: Fedora_Engineering/FY17_Plan
Our FY16 plan can be found here: Fedora_Engineering/FY16_Plan
Our FY15 plan can be found here: Fedora_Engineering/FY15_Plan
Our FY14 plan can be found here: Fedora_Engineering/FY14_Plan