Meeting:Board meeting 2011-10-11
Rex Dieter (secretary)
- Status updates
- Statistics discussion
- Spins discussion
- Open Q&A
- F17 release name announcement... "Beefy Miracle" won the election
- FUDCon Milan was a success
- FUDCon India is coming up in just a few weeks
- and last but not least, FUDCon North America is in January
- is anybody actually using the data we collect?
- are we measuring the right things?
- At FUDCon Milan, Christoph Wickert gave a presentation on the Spins process, where we've (collectively) failed, and how it can be improved
- Slides from his presentation are at http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/presentations/New_Spins_Process.odp
- the board is generally in favor of and supportive of the the changes proposed in cwickert's presentation
- missed some advisory deadlines already, http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-16/f-16-elections.html
- jsmith will cook up a formal schedule for review
- discussed various ideas and strategies to simplify, streamline elections process, particularly to avoid schedule slips.
Not much time left for additional Q&A