Meeting:Community Architecture 2008-04-21
Max Spevack, Greg DeKoenigsberg, Harish Pillay, Jack Aboutboul
- Budget update to the finance folks.
- Chat with Greg and jrb about Fedora, Desktop, etc.
- Internal to RH summary of F9.
- Meet with the folks who run http://www.wisteme.com
- Work on updating Fedora presentations for Ambassadors, etc.
- Small amount of work on FUDCon Brno.
- CSEET in Charleston.
- FISL in Brazil.
- University tour finishes.
University Tour (Jack)
- Most promising leads at Syracuse, Carnegie Mellon, and Oregon State.
- ACTION: Need to finalize the PR side of the University Tour with Kerrin (Tuesday).
- ACTION: File all expense reports from University Tour (Tuesday or Wednesday).
- ACTION: Update wiki and figure out next tasks (by end of week).
Fedora 9 (Max)
- Paul Frields is in Raleigh this week, working with Max on various Fedora 9 GTM items.
- 7,000 people at FISL, they think maybe 10,000 next year.
- Many governmental organizations. Mostly university kids and commmunity folks.
- Fedora is very well liked. Debian is loved.
- Brazilian audience is extremely focused on innovation and in doing things for themselves. Robots running Linux, etc.
- Very technical audience, language barrier is the biggest problem.
- Rodrigo Padula is definitely the Fedora community superstar down there.
- The biggest problem that we've always had is getting money into Brazil, but once we do that, they take care of the rest.
- ACTION: Trip report for Fedora community.
- ACTION: Funding requirements for the month of May.
- Software Freedom Day as a target for community energy in APAC.
- Red Hat Forum, new office, Jim in town, etc. Harish looking to plan other things from community perspective.
- Use Singapore's Software Freedom Day planning as a template for the Fedora Ambassadors.