Meeting:Community Architecture 2009-06-01
Max, Paul, Mel, Greg, Jack, Michael, Karsten
If Harish joins, a report on FAD Malaysia.
If Sankarshan joins, are there any needs in India that require attention this week?
- ACTION ITEM (MAX): follow up during the week
Update from Max on what's important for the team, and what he's working on personally.
- Communication, prioritization, transparency, and a team of remotees.
- NOTE: Didn't get around to this. We'll save it for another time.
- FUDCon Berlin preparations are getting close. Productive weekend.
- Managerial stuff (Ian, budget, laptop for Greg, POSSE funding)
- Fedora 11 stuff for Europe
- Fedora Scholarship 2009 rollout.
Brian Stevens prep w/ Greg & Karsten.
- Intro feedback other than what was on the list?
- CLA, and Max's discussion with Richard Fontana.
- Integrating FreeIPA into Fedora Hosted.
- What do we have for tomorrow that isn't just restatement of the past?
- Lowering the barrier for folks to work on it. Installation, etc. Spacewalk is in reasonably good shape.
- Lots of changes to prep the postgres migration were done in a sandbox. The truth is that they aren't ready yet to start onboarding people to do the migration work. The "common ancestor schema" still need to be more solid.
- The story of the work that was done at Georgia Tech is a perfect example of the capacity that the community actually has to do work on top of Spacewalk. Is that stuff upstream yet? Mike McCune hoping to get that done in 1-2 weeks.
- EKG and Oloh.
Cookbook and ISV document discussion w/ Karsten.
- Haven't seen anything new come out yet on ISV.
- Cookbook to Beta. What does that mean?
- ACTION ITEM (KARSTEN): Both of these things need to get done this week, and we don't want to send stuff out to people on a Friday, because they won't see it.
RHELCon w/ Greg
- How's it going? Is there a meeting today? Should we be doing anything to help the DC folks?
- ACTION ITEM (GREG): Find out 'sup?
CommunityOne discussion from Karsten.
- What else is happening other than "Participate or Die"?
F11 & Marketing w/ Jack
- F11 tour status? Last edit on May 19th.
- Being worked on and hopefully finished today in the afternoon
- Release announcement into translations?
- Was approved by Docs, Docs/Sparks are responsible for submitting to Trans tream.
- Only 4 things in May in the Fedora_press_archive, in French.
- What is NDN doing? Is it doing anything at all?
- Steven Moix is supposed to have coverage of this. Jack will meet with him today/tuesday and try and solidify how we measure this.
- What happened to archiving the press that Fedora gets? Rahul on the mailing list is not enough.
- Will spend more time updating Press Archive.
- Still nothing on press.redhat.com since April 29th.
- Jack's blog and Planet had interviews with Jesse, Spot, Ajax, Lennart, Berrange.
- More coming this week, including ext4 with Eric Sandeen, Fingerprint Auth with Bastien Nocera, Plymouth with Ray Strode and Fedora Community with J5
- I thought Paul published an interview with Richard Hughes on his blog, but I can't find it.
- Only in-depth feature we haven't done anything with is ext4, from what I can see. That and other stuff is in the works for this week. An update?
- Coming this week.
- Tuesday's marketing meeting.
POSSE w/ Mel
- How'd the meeting w/ brand folks go?
ACTION ITEM (MEL): more follow-up needed, regarding POSSE week and afterwards.Kim is on this, filming will occur, she's joining our next POSSE call on Thursday.
- What about comms/press?
ACTION ITEM (GREG): need a meeting w/ Kara, or whomever, this week.Greg, Kara, and Mel had a call this week, press looks good, Kara coming back with stuff on Weds.
- Making good progress on the slide deck/presentation.
- ACTION ITEM (GREG): broadened scope to general edu, need another revision in the next day, see notes to list on this topic.
- VIP speakers, guests, invitation.
- Jack & Karsten -- I need this by Wednesday.
- ACTION ITEM (JACK & KARSTEN): do it.
Education update to mrc w/ Greg
- June 11th.
- Proposal for a book is en-route to Greg.
- ACTION ITEM (GREG): follow-back w/ CommArch as well as TOS crew.