What is the JustFedora Planet?
JustFedora Planet was born having one idea in mind: setting up a blog aggregator software that should contain only Fedora-related material and posts. This planet will be maintained and edited by a group of people (the editors), that will make sure appropriate and relevant content gets posted time by time. JustFedora is available at http://planet.fedoraproject.org/justfedora.
Differences between Planet and JustFedora
The relevant differences between the current planet and the JustFedora one can be summarized as it follows:
- the current planet does not have any control measure over the published posts, while JustFedora will.
- the current planet is open to any generic content, while JustFedora will be restricted to Fedora-only content.
- the current planet does not request any special requirement for blog's feeds, while JustFedora will request special categories (this usually means a specific /fedora/feed category) to be created in order to have a blog aggregated.
- while the current planet contains a variety of posts and arguments, the JustFedora one will contain any relevant information coming out from any internal team or project within Fedora. (i.e $group needs help and sends out through his blog a request for help. Contributors should have a look at JustFedora to know the latest news and announcements from any Fedora's workgroup)
Why my blog is not yet on JustFedora?
Note: If your blogging software does not provide tagging, but you match other requirements we can have the request approved anyway. (this will be case-to-case specific)
To successfully join JustFedora you should met some specific requirements:
- you need to be a Fedora contributor since some time. (this depends from case-to-case)
- you need to make sure you have a specific Fedora's tag created. (i.e blog.myname.org/fedora/feed) See Note above.
- your blog should have a bit of content already so that editors are able to check blog's quality and eligibility.
- the content posted on the planet should be restricted to Fedora-only posts, but we agree a contributor is free to post anything else relevant for his life. (a planet is a window through contributor's life in the end)
If you met all the requirements above, we will be more than happy to add your blog to JustFedora.
I met all the requirements above...now?
Please create a Trac's ticket under the Infrastructure section (please make sure to login using your FAS account details before moving on) and select fedorapeople as the relevant keyword and assign the item to averi or skvidal. Please remember to include any relevant information we might need to check your blog and your eligibility. (i.e we would like to know in which team do you contribute, since when and most of all your blog's link together with a link to a working hackergotchi. (details about hackergotchis requirements can be found at Hackergotchi)
Publishing inappropriate content
One of the most important editor's duty is to ensure that all the posts published on 'edited' match the requirements posted above. If an hypothetic contributor won't follow those requirements his/her feed will be temporarily removed from JustFedora. (this should be rare, but a discussion with the blog's owner will follow to avoid any misunderstanding.
I want to update/delete my feed from JustFedora
In order to apply any change to your feed (removing/updating it), just mail the editors and it will be done. If it is not done within 24 hours, just be patient, we usually try to act on these requests as soon as possible.
Editors of the JustFedora Planet
The Editors Team is currently composed by:
Languages Accepted on the JustFedora Planet
There are no restrictions on language for posts. In the case an editor can not read the post, they will ask for either the writer to explain in a mutually understood language or get a third party to help them in case of questions.