Fedora QA Meeting - Wed. January 17, 1700 UTC, #fedora-qa on freenode
1. F7 - what are the new features? How will we test them?
- See the matrix here: ["QA/7/FeatureMatrix"]
- How are we going to track who tested what? Does everyone have wiki access?
- Do these things have good test plans? Who can write test plans?
2. fedora-updates-system and web interfaces for testing feedback
- We need a web interface to keep track of who's tested what, and to make it easier to report bugs with test packages.
Raw IRC log is at ["QA/Logs/20070117"]
- Test1 Freeze is one week away (see ["Releases/7"] )
- Feature matrix (["QA/7/FeatureMatrix"] ) will be combined with ["QA/TreeTestingTemplate"] to make the Test Matrix for F7t1
- At mether's suggestion, added Blocker/Tracker bugs to ["QA/TreeTestingTemplate"]
- Reports should happen in fedora-test-list and #fedora-qa - QA group (and others) will update the matrix
- Individual spins should have an appointed Test Lead
- Responsible for creating a matrix of things to be retested and tracking results
- What happens when someone upgrades from FC6 to a random F7 spin, from media (i.e. no Internet access)
- Missing packages - how are they handled? Will deps be broken? How can we avoid that?
- Upgrade cases to test:
i. Upgrade from Minimal FC6 i. Upgrade from Default FC6 i. Upgrade from Default FC6 + KDE / other random extras i. Upgrade from Default FC6 + 3rd-party repo packages
- Work with 3rd-party repo owners whenever possible to help them get ready for F7
- Requesting a host from the ["Infrastructure"] team for various things:
- Test packages, Test results tracker, Bugzilla RPG, etc.
- Action: wwoods needs to fill out ["Infrastructure/RFR"]
- Test tools - where do they go?
12:13 < mether> why are the tools to test the distributed going to be in hosted.fedoraproject.org instead of in the distribution itself 12:14 < mether> In fact the testing tools should be like the current hardware profiling plan. Automatically installed by default. Trivial to use
- Action: wwoods will push to get rhts tools into extras ASAP, with assistance from dmalcolm
- Action: poelstra will import sources from testing.108 into a project on hosted.fedoraproject.org
- Try to include them by default in Test releases?
- wwoods, dmalcolm, lmacken will be there!
- QA Hackfest - hack at Test1 (3 days after release!) and write RHTS tests
Fedora Updates Tool
- Renamed 'bodhi'
- lmacken working on a QA widget for user feedback on updates:
- "WORKSFORME/BROKEN" voting, give reasons for brokenness, automatically create/update bugs, etc.
- widget will be reusable for a future item: ["QA/FeatureTracker"]
- Next meeting: 1600UTC, Thursday, January 25
- Consider having audio/video conference (with Ekiga etc)