This install verifies the netboot.img is bootable as a stream file (*STMF) on OS/400 i5.
Steps To Reproduce
- FTP the netboot.img to the os400 system
- Under the Change Network Server Desc (CHGNWSD) dialog in os/400, set the IPL source to *STMF
- Under the Change Network Server Desc (CHGNWSD) dialog in os/400, set the IPL stream file to the file obtained in step#1
- Under the Work with Configuration Status (WRKCFGSTS *NWS) dialog in os/400, VARY ON the partition under test
- Connect to the shared console on os/400. For example, to attach to a shared console for partition lp2 on i5-os400.test.redhat.com you would type:
telnet i5-os400.test.redhat.com 2301. Next you would select the appropriate Guest Partition console number for lp2. Finally, you would supply your OS/400 service tools userid to acquire the console.
- Proceed with installation