QA/TestCases/LUKS Select encryption (using LVM block device)
Support the use of encrypted filesystems for anything other than /boot using cryptsetup and LUKS. This includes install time creation/configuration, as well as integrated support in mkinitrd and initscripts (others?). Currently we are only pursuing support for encrypted devices using cryptsetup/LUKS.
When using encrypted file systems/block devices, the functionality should continue to work as expected, and not create situations where the encryption leads to undesired errors.
Steps To Reproduce
- start the installer
- enter the disk druid paritioning screen
- select an existing physical volume (such as sda1), OR
create a new LVM physical volume
- select the "encrypt" checkbox for the partition
- enter a passphrase for the partition
- continue the installation
in post-install system, verify:
- a passphrase for each encrypted LVM physical volume is required to access it
- an entry for the partition exists in /etc/crypttab