A test case to ensure that Anaconda's first stage (
loader) is able to fetch stage2 (
How to test
- Start the installer kernel/initrd as per QA:Kernel simple boot test case
- If using
boot.isoor other optical media (CD method)
- Skip the media test
- Wait for
loaderto automatically detect the presence of the disc
- If using an existing GRUB installation or netboot (URL method)
- Wait for the "installmethod" dialog which asks What type of media contains the installation image?
- Choose "URL"
- Provide network configuration information
- A dialog should appear: Please enter the URL containing the Fedora installation image on your server
- Provide a
ftp://URL for a Rawhide tree that matches the kernel/initrd
- If using
- CD method:
- Text window appears that says Local installation media detected...
install.imgis loaded from CD (drive light blinks etc.)
- URL method:
- NetworkManager configures the network interface successfully
- The URL is accepted
- A progress bar dialog with Retrieving install.img... is shown
Finally, the screen reverts to text and a message like this appears:
Running anaconda VERSION, the Fedora system installer - please wait...