This test case will verify virt-manager serial console display.
How to test
- As a non-root user, start a graphical install using
- If not already connected, connect to the libvirtd running on your local system
- Select New to create a new guest
- Choose appropriate defaults to create a Fedora guest (using a boot.iso, DVD, or URL for the installation source).
- In the a kernel boot argument text box, type:
console=ttyS0, and proceed with defining and start the guest
- Once created, select View->Serial Consoles->Serial 0
- Select the Serial 0 tab that is created.
- Interact with the guest operating system on the Serial 0 tab
- Finally, deselect View->Serial Consoles->Serial 0
- The serial console Serial 0 is a selectable option from the View->Serial Consoles menu
- When selected, a new tab showing Serial 0 is displayed
- Input/output over Serial 0 is visible to the guest
- When deselected, the Serial 0 tab is removed