QA:Testcase Partitioning No Swap
An installation without specifying a swap partition. When a system has sufficient memory, the installer should warn, but not restrict this request.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means (netinst/boot.iso, PXE, or DVD)
- In the INSTALLATION SUMMARY screen, do custom partitioning
- At the Manual Partitioning screen, remove the swap partition created by anaconda, and proceed with installation.
- Complete the installation
- Anaconda warns that system performance may suffer without a swap partition
- Anaconda allows the installation to complete successfully for systems with sufficient system memory (consult the Hardware Overview section of the release notes for minimum hardware requirements). For systems with insufficient memory, anaconda must require the presence of a
- Reboot successfully into installed system
- Confirm that no swap partition is in use (