Test the new HTML5 only client.
You will need a client with a modern version of Chrome or Firefox and some familiarity with Apache. There are potentially three systems involved. The first, a host system, will be running a Spice server of any kind. The second, a web server, will host the web pages. The third, a client, will use a web browser to access the Spice server display.
How to test
- Install spice-html5 and python-websockify on the web server
- Configure Apache on the web server
sudo cp /usr/share/doc/spice-html5*/apache.conf.sample /etc/httpd/conf.d/spice.conf
sudo systemctl restart httpd
- Perform the Xspice test case so the XSpice server is running, but close that client
- On the host system, start websockify
websockify 5959 localhost:5900
- On the client system, navigate to http://<host-system-name>//spice
- Enter a host name that the client would use to connect to the host system, leave the port at 5959
- Control the resulting spice desktop
- Apache starts normally
- websockify runs without errors
- The client can fully operate the host virtual desktop