QA:Testcase install to multipath
This test case verifies that installing on a multipath device works properly. Testing on bare metal (not in a virtual machine) is preferred for this test case. Specific multipath hardware is required in order to complete this test. This can be done using KVM.
- Prepare a test system with a working multipath storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- On the Installation Destination screen, click Add a disk... under Specialized & Network Disks
- On the Multipath Devices tab, select all detected multipath devices
- Partition as you like, but bugs in partitioning that are not related to the multipath device type are outside the scope of this test
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options
- Boot the installed system
- All installable multipath devices are successfully detected by installer and are available for partitioning.
- Partitions are created and formatted properly.
- Install completes successfully.
- System boots successfully recognizing filesystems created on the multipath device(s).