This test case tests that the thermostat agent works correctly. Remember Thermostat agents are the data collecting components.
- Boot into the machine/VM you wish to test.
- If thermostat is not installed yet, install thermostat.
- Start thermostat storage:
thermostat storage --start
How to test
- Start the thermostat agent:
thermostat agent -d mongodb://127.0.0.1:27518 &
- This should start the Thermostat agent, a Java process. You can check if it's running by:
ps $(jps | grep Thermostat | cut -d' ' -f1)
- The thermostat agent also starts the server component of the command channel on port 12000 (by default). One can check that it's running via netcat:
nc 127.0.0.1 12000. This should NOT result in a connection refused error message.
- Once you've checked this the agent can be killed as follows:
kill $(jps | grep Thermostat | cut -d' ' -f1). This should also not throw any exceptions.
- Configuration of agent settings are done via ~/.thermostat/etc/agent.properties