New default theme for GNOME - Nodoka
Make a new default theme for Fedora's Gnome.
- Name: DanielGeiger, MartinSourada
- Targeted release: Fedora 8
- Last updated: 25. August 2007
- Percentage of completion: 100%
Define and implement a new look and feel of Fedora distribution (targeted on Gnome). It should be clean, easy for eyes and fit to the desktop. Must work nice with Echo Icon Theme.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora has not yet defined it's look and feel, unlike some other distros we use mostly unchanged default themes from upstream. In reviews it's quite often noted that fedora has not unified look. That's what we need to fix. Fedora needs to define its look and feel and it must me coherent throughout whole desktop.
Requires creating our own gtk engine.
- Provide working RPMS ASAP.
- Gather feedback from users
- Test the finished engine on as much machines as possible
- Users of the Fedora 8's Gnome should notice that they have new slick theme.
- echo-icon-theme (in rawhide)
- if echo is not ready in time it can be changed to mist (or whatever the default icons will be)
- Stay with Clearlooks.
- currently none
None needed, IMHO.
- Has this been signed off by the Art team? - BrianPepple
- What do you mean by 'signed off' (in my dictionary it's more or less synonym for canceled)? Anyway, the Nodoka theme development has been discussed on the art-list since the beginning and as far as I remember no one was opposed to the idea and I got a lot of feedback and the theme evolved a lot since the first sketches. - MartinSourada
- I just wanted to make sure that the Art team also supports making this the default theme, since IMO this feature falls partially under their governance also. - BrianPepple