What is ResultsDB
ResultsDB is a system designed to hold the results of tests executed by the Taskotron framework.
ResultsDB is only a system for storing test results, different 'frontend' apps can be created using ResultsDB as a data source. These frontends could be anything from a simple tool aggregating recent results for builds, or anything more complicated like a tool for gathering test-related metrics (historical fail/pass ratio of a specific test in a Fedora release, failure rate of critpath packages etc.).
At the moment, there are two versions of ResultsDB.
- Legacy version - first incarnation of ResultsDB, still required for tools like TestDays App, or AutoQA <https://fedorahosted.org/ResultsDB/>.
- Current development version - intender for the Taskotron project. Reimplemented to provide JSON/RESTful api, and quite slimmed down, in order to remove the relics from the primary draught.
Current development version
The project is split into these parts:
- ResultsDB core <https://bitbucket.org/rajcze/resultsdb>, which is the implementation of the datastore, and the API provider. Current dev instance is here <http://resultsdb.qa.fedoraproject.org/resultsdb/>
- ResultsDB Client Library <https://bitbucket.org/rajcze/resultsdb_api> providing the easy-to-use python implementation of the ResultsDB API, described here <http://docs.resultsdb.apiary.io/>
- ResultsDB Frontend <https://bitbucket.org/rajcze/resultsdb_frontend> - a simple frontend intended for browsing the results via web interface. Current dev instance is here <http://resultsdb.qa.fedoraproject.org/resultsdb_frontend/jobs>