- 2007-11-20 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- ArthurPemberton (pembo13_com)
- The weekly talk about KDE4
- Preparations for KDE4: Initial Builds
- Needed but not yet included BuildRequires (eg. libzip, decibel)
- Preparations of kdelibs3, kdebase3
- Planning of inclusion in Rawhide
- Informations for Package Maintainers (BR: kdelibs -> kdelibs3, building packages for KDE4)
Preparations for KDE4:Initial Builds:
- The KDE4 Development Platform was updated to 3.96.0
- SebastianVahl has worked on KDE 4 full desktop packages (KDE 4 as default and kdebase-workspace packaged). This packages doesn't exist in rawhide, yet.
- New kdeartwork-icons contains crystalsvg-icon-theme. We'll need to verify if it's complete and usuable for KDE3 applications as a fallback. Otherwise we'll need to ship the KDE3 version instead.
Preparations of kdelibs3, kdebase3:
- Initial version of non-conflicting kdelibs3 is done, version for kdebase3 will be prepared.
- both versions needs to be re-checked if removed files still really conflict.
Needed but not yet included BuildRequires:
- libzip (dependency of kdeutils) will be submitted for review
- decibel (optional dependency for kdenetwork) isn't packaged yet
- Tapioca-Qt (for decibel) isn't packaged yet
- tpctl (optional dependency of kdeutils) isn't packaged yet
Planning of inclusion in Rawhide:
- kdebase-workspace as a new package needs to be reviewed
- the other packages won't need a formal review
- kdelibs(4), kdebase(4), kdebase-runtime, kdebase-workspace and kdelibs3, kdebase3 needs to be updated in rawhide in a short timeframe
- Dec 1-7 was choosen as a window of the inclusion in rawhide
- We'll need to send out a notice to the mailing lists that KDE may be unstable
- package maintainers also needs to be informed about the changed build requires
- RexDieter will prepare this announcements