- 2008-03-04 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- PavelShevchuk (stalwart)
- topics to discuss:
- PolicyKit integration (#428212 )
- KDE 4.0.2
- Packaging API docs
- Getting KDE 4 to use kde-settings defaults
- Latest live CD testing feedback
- Using ON_DEV when claiming bugs because ASSIGNED is now used for a different purpose by the triage team
- split out of khelpcenter from kdebase3 (#435133 and #435873 )
- recent bugs:
- #435656 : closing bluemarble causes desktop session to end
- #435956 : yum update removes kdewebdev
- LukasTinkl started a discussion with WillStephenson on how to implement PolicyKit support
- But for the time being no work has done.
- We should consider a quick hack for getting PolicyKit working for the Beta
- Full PolicyKit support seems to be implemented by upstream for KDE 4.1
- KDE 4.0.2 is already in rawhide, official release will be tomorrow.
- The docs in kde-l10n are still broken.
- 4.0.2 versions of kiconedit and kcoloredit were built today.
Packaging API docs:
- Currently we're not building API docs at all.
- We should package it as *-apidocs sub packages like in KDE 3.
- They should be provided at least for kdelibs, maybe kdepimlibs and soprano.
- For minor packages api.kde.org is the place to start (unless someone files a bug for including them).
Getting KDE 4 to use kde-settings defaults:
- KDE4 doesn't use the kiosktool setup we use in kde-settings.
- This is also affecting the "KDE Development Platform" provided for F7 and F8 (eg. dolphin).
- Short term solution: move the global configs back to $KDEDIR/share/config/ .
- Long term solution: fix KDE 4 to recognize the kiosk settings (with/in upstream).
Latest live CD testing feedback:
- SebastianVahl prepared an actual live image for internal testing before the Beta.
- KevinKofler reported some problems when running the image in qemu which don't seem to appear when running it natively:
- KOrganizer's reminder applet isn't docked to plasma's systray
- nm-applet isn't starting or connecting
- This is maybe related to a not started dbus-session.
- The "next" button in the installer seems to not work sometimes.
- Because gparted was removed from livecd-fedora-base-desktop.ks amarok is back on the live images.
Using ON_DEV when claiming bugs because ASSIGNED is now used for a different purpose by the triage team:
- According to recent changes of the bug triage team we should use ON_DEV instead of ASSIGNED now.
- Proposed workflow: the person who takes responsibility for that bug assigns it to himself and set it to ON_DEV.
Split out of khelpcenter from kdebase3:
- KDE3 applications will work fine with KDE4's khelpcenter but will need /usr/share/services/khelpcenter.desktop.
- The decision was to include this as a seperate source in kdebase-runtime and avoid a hard require for khelpcenter.
- So any KDE3 application will need also kdebase-runtime for displaying the help (which will mainly affect non-KDE users).
- This will also free up some space on the live images because kdebase3 isn't needed for one single file.
- We should consider adding this to the release notes.
Closing bluemarble causes desktop session to end:
- The "3D Earth Desktop" applet kills the X-Server when using it without enabled OpenGL shaders support.
- This is known upstream but nobody knows how to fix this.
- Also the next release of extragear-plasma is not scheduled before KDE 4.1.
- So bluemarble will be disabled for now.
yum update removes kdewebdev:
- This is regarding to the multilib obsoletes hack introduced by the split into *-libs sub packages.
- Because only kdewebdev requires kdewebdev-libs we will add a "Requires: kdewebdev" to kdewebdev-libs.
(These comments are written after the meeting)