- 2008-03-18 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- PolicyKit integration (#428212 )
- KDE4 in Desktop User Guide (Request by Marc Wiriadisastra )
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see any KDE4 content there, just F8/KDE3 references. ?? -- Rex
- Status of konq-plugins
- recent bugs:
- kmix/mute doesn't work (#437962 )
- KevinKofler adapted a patch which should work but is not tested yet.
- It fixes PolicyKit related problems in KDE3 and KDE4.
- Although these bugs have been reported against either KDE3 or KDE4 they probably affect both versions.
- KDE4 (#428212: unable to mount partitions in dolphin ):
- The patch uses "kdesu dbus-send" when HAL returns a PermissionDeniedByPolicy error.
- KDE3 (#378041: unable to mount removable/ntfs ):
- The uid is only passed to the 4 filesystems for which HAL allows it without throwing an "unknown error".
- But HAL would the the better place to fix this by doing one of these:
- not listing the uid= option as allowed if it's going to error with a "TODO" on it.
- doing something sensible with uid=, even if it's PermissionDeniedByPolicy for non-root.
- Because HAL seems to work fine in F7 the patch will be included in F8 only (for KDE3).
Desktop User Guide:
- The current DUG is outdated and only for KDE3.
- MarcWiriadisastra will update it for KDE4 after the beta is released .
- We should review all other pages for needed changes.
Status of konq-plugins:
- konq-plugins contains additional plugins for konqueror (mostly from former kdeaddons).
- The package will be submitted for review ASAP.
- But it still needs some testing because it's unmaintained upstream.
kmix/mute doesn't work:
- The bug was not reproducible by other KDE SIG members.
- So not working muting in kmix seems to be a local/configuration issue.
- kaudiocreator is too unstable to ship it.
- So it will be marked as deferred from KDE4Status (so that FeatureKDE4 is able to reach 100%).
- OpenSuse seems to be developing a KDE4 frontend for PackageKit.
- But Fedora 9 will ship gnome-packagekit as a frontend.
- pk-update-icon isn't automatically started at login because it is located in /usr/share/gnome/autostart.
- Bug #437048 will be re-opened to request moving it to /etc/xdg/autostart.
(These comments are written after the meeting)
- ReviewRequest for konq-plugins: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=438126