Spins SIG Meeting 2009-12-14
- Agenda items
- Policy on spins-list membership for spin maintainers.
- Lougher has posted lzma-squashfs patches to the kernel list on December 7th. So effectively larger spins may be doable for F13.
- Lougher has posted a revised set of patches based on feedback.
- As of now, the patches are not in either linux-next or the linus tree.
- There doesn't appear to be serious opposition.
- At Rahul's urging I posted a reply saying Fedora would like these patches upstream.
- I made a feature page for this that I will propose once the patches get accepted.
- Where is rel-eng spin process documentation? The spins SIG process has been updated, but I don't know where to update the rel-eng version. (Assuming they have their own version.)
- I took a look at large (> 4GB) live usb images for a personal project, and currently it takes some shuffling around as FAT doesn't support > 4GB files, live usb doesn't support NTFS, and Windows doesn't support ext out of the box. At some point I might do some work on this.
- On a related note, live usb doesn't seem to currently support ext4, though it should work for F11 updates, F12 or later.
- Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-12-14/fedora-meeting.2009-12-14-21.02.html
- Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-12-14/fedora-meeting.2009-12-14-21.02.txt
- Full Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-12-14/fedora-meeting.2009-12-14-21.02.log.html