Test Day:2009-04-02 Power management
|Thu April 02, 2009||From 12:00 to 00:00 UTC (7am -> 7pm ET)||#fedora-qa)|
 What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
 Who's available
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Quality Assurance
 What's needed to test
- Rawhide or Fedora 11 Beta fully updated.
- FAS Account - you can create an account in 3 minutes if you don't have one
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
 How to test?
 Update your machine
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide. Or:
 Live Image
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. And install to disc
Follow each of these test cases:
 Report your results
- For First two tests (Personal, Tuned): During each of the tests for additional information please run the following script  as root.
- If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla.
- If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below.
- The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one
- and the second should be a link to your Smolt hardware profile (see above for a link with instructions on submitting your hardware profile to Smolt).
- For each test case, primarly see instruction in testcase (most of them generate some outoputs which is important, so please upload file into right column in table). Except test of bluetooth, there should be only PASS or FAIL (in case FAIL please report bug and add link)
- Upload the files generated as you ran the test cases. You will get an error page after each file upload - don't worry, this is normal. After performing the upload, go to the File list page and you will see your upload at the top of the list. The URL to use when you add it to the table is the one labelled '(file)'.
|10||Jscotka||HW||PASS||PASS||PASS||found bug in anaconda|
|16||Peter F. Patel-Schneider||HW||Pass!||Pass?||Works, I think||Pass,||Pass.||This is a ThinkPad T60p with 1600x1200 screen running F11 Beta|
|14||Michal Nowak||HW||INFO||INFO||N/A||INFO||N/A||Dell Precision 490|
|15||Michal Nowak||HW||INFO||INFO||PASS||INFO||score 85.81||Lenovo T61|
|17||Petr Lautrbach||HW||Pass||Pass||Pass||Idle, reader pass writer pass||I had to change to SOFFICE_PROG=ooffice in /etc/bltk.conf and run bltk -O -n 1 without SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen on rawhide x86_64 with Kde|
|19||Yulia Kopkova||HW||Pass||Pass||N/A||Pass||Pass||Toshiba Satellite A100-002|
|12||Marcela Mašláňová||HW||Pass||Pass Pass||The test work well. I can confirm problem for kbluetooth.||Pass||Pass||Dell Latitude D830 ext3|
|11||Marcela Mašláňová||HW||Pass||Pass||The test work well. I can confirm problem for kbluetooth.||Pass||Pass||Dell Latitude D830 ext4|
|6||James Laska||HW||results||results||On Demand works ... unable to get nautilus to honor obex:// URI's||results||results||IBM T43|
|1||azelinka||HW||pass||pass|| on demand start/stop: PASS
preffered app: N/A
|2||Charlie Brej||HW||Results||Results||N/A||Results||Results||Panasonic CF-R4|
|3||Charlie Brej||HW||Results||Results||With updated bluez it turns on when turn bluetooth on switch is applied. When service is manually stopped the turn off bluetooth option remains in the applet but does nothing.||Asus EEE 1000|
|Paul W. Frields||HW||results||Dell XPS M1330|
|4||David Juran||HW||pass||see_comment||Bluetooth icon only has option to turn it _off_ even after stopping service, but blootoothd starts when toggling switch, rest works fine||Dell Latitude D820, hit Bz493485 during tuned|
|7||Jeandre du Toit||HW||Results||Results||HP Compaq 6735s|
|Messerting||HW||N/A||N/A||NOTES dmesg||N/A||N/A||Thinkpad T400, Test Day LiveOS (updated syslinux). (not sure I did the bluetooth test right, sorry)|
|5||Gireesh Sreekantan||HW||PASS||PASS||PASS - ABLE to bond my mobile with on-demand enabled||N/A||N/A||Compaq Presario V3425|
|9||JonRob||HW||PASS||||Dell Mini Inspiron 9|
|13||Michael Cronenworth||HW||PASS||PASS||N/A. See notes.||PASS||PASS||Synaptics pad won't allow tapping to click. No sound. ASUS laptops bluetooth button already turns off bluetooth. This is not required for my laptop. bltk Office test failed on x86_64 because /etc/bltk.conf was set for /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib64 on the location of OO.org.|
|8||Joachim Frieben||HW||PASS||PASS||N/A||PASS||N/A||Tyan Tomcat K8E|
|18||Phil Knirsch||HW||PASS||PASS||N/A||PASS||PASS||Dell D620|