This page is intended to record QA:Fedora_15_Install_Test_Plan test results for the Fedora 15 Alpha Test Compose 1 milestone.
This page tracks test results against the Fedora 15 Alpha TC1 build. Test results against other Fedora 15 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_15_Test_Results. The explanation of test case priority is available at QA:Fedora_15_Install_Test_Plan#Test_Priority.
 What To Test
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- download the required ISO images.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 15 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Delta_ISOs are available for install images, either by BitTorrent or direct download. If you have the install DVD image for the previous TC/RC (or in the case of Alpha TC1, the previous stable release), you can generate both current install discs (DVD and netinst) with greatly reduced download size. IMPORTANT: If using F15 or later DVD->DVD disos on a F14 or earlier system, the system must be temporarily modified as described here. The DVD->netinst disos do not require this modification.
 Who's available
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, general discussion ...
 Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to test list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_15_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
 Test Matrix
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
 Boot Iso
| Boot.iso/Netinst.iso installation
 Live Image
 PXE Images
 General Tests
| Install Variations & General Tests
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 netinst images are larger than ISO header indicates - see RHBZ #585006
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 require at least 1G memo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 RHBZ #676551 - stage1 doesn't prompt for mediacheck
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 RHBZ #676542-'No module named iutil' when attempting to load an installer interface component
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 RHBZ #676485
- ↑ i386 repoclosure: http://fpaste.org/XOX3/
- ↑ x86_64 repoclosure: http://fpaste.org/XIID/
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 sometimes need add a http repo first to make ftp work
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 live images are larger than ISO header indicates - see RHBZ #585006
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Only test desktop live iso
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 RHBZ #672265
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 RHBZ #676533 Firstboot doesn't run, must create an ordinary user account using useradd and passwd in a VT
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 RHBZ #677080 - 'F14' artwork is shown during F-15 installation
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 RHBZ #675955
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 RHBZ #676968
- ↑ same as repo=
- ↑ RHBZ #676972
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 RHBZ #676821 - Couldn't resolve host name when installing packages over NFS
- ↑ RHBZ #677218 - Missing iso 9660 image during installation via NFS
- ↑ RHBZ #671922
- ↑ i386 install.log: http://fpaste.org/ecs1/
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 RHBZ #654762-plymouth:couldn't log bootup
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 23.3 RHBZ #676527-NMI watchdog disabled for cpu 0
- ↑ x86_64 install.log: http://fpaste.org/N2Rm/
- ↑ minimal i386 install.log: http://fpaste.org/mkMM/
- ↑ minimal x86_64 install.log: http://fpaste.org/s7QP/
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 27.4 27.5 Using traceback-f15.img
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 RHBZ #676815 - Upgrade from F14 to F15 Alpha TC1 failed due to package conflicts
- ↑ RHBZ #646843 - images/install.img will no longer exist in F-15 and newer