Trademark approval policy
- Each appointed SIG should create a checklist or SOP for Item approval
- When an appointed SIG gives its approval for a Item, it should do so in a public and transparent manner. The SIG can decide the exact manner of approval but who and where the approval is granted should be specified in the SOP.
- Once approvals from appointed SIGS are done, the Item will be submitted to the Board (via a ticket) for trademark approval.
- The Board can appoint a specific SIG to keep track of "trademarked" Items and that SIG will set schedules and/or reasons for re-approval
- No reapproval of a spin for trademark is needed when an existing spin is updated (for instance, for a new Fedora release). Spins SIG can still approve or veto an updated spin but that's outside of trademark approval.
- The Board will be the final arbitrator in disputes between various SIGs or perceived problems of process.
This will be voted on next board meeting after one week of input.