I'm A Software engineer at a major multinational storage and virtualization company, I'm a C++/Python/Java developer under GNU/Linux and I use Fedora on all of my machines.
I'd many sessions in Egypt universities, specially Mansoura University and trained over 250 people on Red Hat products where I used to work before, as a systems engineer in one of the major RedHat partners in the middle east.
- Name: Ahmed Soliman Farghal
- Email: email@example.com
- IRC: AhmedSoliman #cat-hackers #cat-scmp
- Fedora Account: linuxawy
Presentations I've launched in Egypt regarding Linux and Open Source:
- Windows vs. Linux - 2003.
- The Open Source Approach - 2004, 2005.
- Linux Installation Festival - 2005.
- SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) - 2006.
- Secure Shell - 2007.
- What's so cool about python? (2009)
I'm also one of the first 7 certified engineers from RedHat in Egypt (RHCE) since RHEL 3.0 and RHCT since RedHat 9.0
Open Source Projects
Open Source projects that I launched and maintain:
- Antinetcut (http://code.google.com/p/antinetcut)
- J-Islamic (http://code.google.com/p/j-islamic/)
- CAT-SCMP (http://scmp.cat-hackers.net)
- cppThreads (http://code.google.com/p/cppthreads) (NEW)
- Networkify (http://www.networkify.com)
I've also worked on enterprise deployments/training based on RedHat Linux and Fedora on the following locations:
- The Central Bank Of Egypt
- The American University in Egypt
- Amer Group
- Egyptian Ministry of Defense
- Vodafone Egypt
- Oracle Egypt
I'm the founder and manager of cat-hackers.net and catreloaded.net a opensource community in mansoura university.
I'm highly accessible and you can reach me through my eMail firstname.lastname@example.org and if you need more information about me you can visit my blog on http://www.ahmedsoliman.com