|IRC:||nspirit on Freenode in|
My name is Nadeen. I am from Alexandria and I live in Ismailia, Egypt. Studying computer science at the Faculty of Computers & Informatics was my first intuition. I participated in TROSC Team (Technology Revolution Of Suez Canal) as a Linux Instructor making my own way through spreading the Open-Source world. That gave me the opportunity to give many sessions inside and outside my university. I co-created [Linux Community] team which is a dream came true. I did use many Linux distributions such as Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch and openSUSE, but I've been using Fedora for more than 2 years. Now I am Trosc.Team Senior Member & Coordinator, Google choose me in the GWiTA (Google Women in Technology Ambassadors) Program, and learning Linux administration.
- Taking a part in [TROSC Team ] as Linux instructor.
- Helping my colleagues to install Fedora, and solving their problems.
- Gave session in SFD (Software Freedom Day) about opensource & Linux at faculty of engineering, Alexandria .
- Helping my colleagues to install ubuntu, and solving their problems.
- Gave a session in Information Technology school in Ismailia.
- Gave a session in E.G.C. School in Alexandria.
- Trying to Spread the knowledge of open source in schools and young students.
- Co-created [Linux Community] team.
- Admin in [Fedora Arabic ] with other Egyptian Ambassadors.
Goals for 2012 & 2013
- Create [Community.] ->> Done!
- Become an Ambassador in GWITA (Google Women in Technology Ambassadors) program. ->> Done!
- Become Fedora ambassador. ->> Done!
- Gave session about Fedora 17.Session-presentation ->> Done!
- Make sessions in other cities about opensource & Linux. ->> Done!
- Make sessions in schools. ->> Done!
- Become Linux administrator. ->> Done!
- Make all my colleagues know about and use Linux.
- Make "Egypt" a Linux User and to lead the open source into the MENA region.
- Create my own job.