From time to time, the Fedora Project purchased airfare for community members who need to travel as part of their contributions to Fedora.
Here is some information that community members who need travel purchased can provide to make the process as easy as possible for the person who is purchasing the ticket.
- Make sure that the flights that you want to be on can be purchased on Orbitz.
- Send along the specific information of what you would like. Dates, flight numbers, airline name, airport codes, connecting flights, etc.
- Treat the money as if it were your own, and also properly value your time. Giving yourself a 6 hour layover to save $100 USD isn't worth it. On the other hand, booking a $1000 USD flight when a $400 USD flight is also available is wasteful.
- Provide the specific flight information that you would prefer to have, including dates, flight numbers & airline name, airport codes, etc.
- Provide your full name, as it appears on the identification that you will use at the airport.
- Provide your date of birth in YYYY-MM-DD format, because that is needed to purchase the ticket.
- Indicate whether you have an aisle or window seating preference.
- Provide any frequent flyer numbers that you would like entered.