The APACK Box idea came from the NA's event box idea, which in turn came from Gnomes' idea for an event box.
What the APACK boxes will contain
- One OLPC $200 (or free from laptop.org)
- One Fedora-Blue Table cloth $15
- Four Posters (the Four F's, will talk to design team) ~$10
- CD display object ~$4 from http://www.cdstands.com/ maybe?
- USB containing SVG images for Posters with a live ISO on it. $10
Total Cost per Small Event Box = $239 (or $39 from laptop.org)
Instructions for ambassadors with APACK boxes
If you have the APACK boxes with you, and you can think of one great cost-effective way of adding to it, please do add stuff to the APACK box, just make sure its a reasonable weight, Size and cost.
How many APACK Boxes?
We want (hopefully) 6 Small Event Boxes - $1434 (or $39 x 6 from laptop.org see above)
- Cost of OLPC's
- Getting 4'f's poster from design team. - Ticket number 166
- Will move around Their own country.
- Boxes will be small, if you are travelling to another country that is holding an event you may bring your countries event box if possible.
Box Distribution locations
- Australia - Asmartgoat
- China - ?
- India - ?
- India - ?
- Philippines - Azneita (herson)
- Vietnam - Tuanta (truong)
Stage 1: Planning [Mostly competed, it can wait tho.] - Choosing best objects [Mostly Done] - Deployment Places [50%] Stage 2: preperation [In progress] - Contacting laptop.org [In progress] - Getting offical OK for Funding [Pending] - Finding sources for objects [Pending] Stage 3: deployment [Pending] - Azneita sending Laptops to designated places. [Pending] - Objects going to a certain person and being distributed [Pending] Stage 4: Enjoy. [Pending] - Drink some open-cola. [Completed too early]