< Ambassadors | APAC
Procuring DVDs for APAC
- Plan ahead in time, at least 2-3 months before a release.
- Raise a request with the fedora-design team for the required artwork. Ex:#413
- Raise a request for required Fedora ISOs, Ex. combined alternate desktop etc.
- Request a quote from the vendors
- Typically: X DVDs with printed label and sleeves and without inner plastic, DVDs inserted into the sleeves, and shipping.
- Check the offered quotes if they are reasonable. Validate against prices at previous instances. Ex: #216
- On confirmation of the order, they will raise a PI(Proforma Invoice) against which we have to make a 50% payment personally
- Their artwork rep will then contact you for label and sleeve artwork. The format that works best for them is EPS with embedded fonts
- You'll be asked to confirm the artwork with a JPEG that they generate.
- On completion of the order, you'll be required to pay the balance amount before shipping
- Gaiaka Media Works, Mumbai (F21, F22)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +91 022 4003 8724 Contact people: either Priyanka or Anushka
- Chawla Reprographics, Delhi (F23)
G-4, Ashok Bhawan, 93, Nehru Place, Near Modi Tower Delhi- 110019 (011) 26432209, 26463275, 26224070, 09312284838
Once DVDs are printed and available, they may be requested by local ambassadors directly indicating the quantity they need. By default, about 1/3 of the DVDs were shipped to the Red Hat Bangalore office via Red Hat channels. A similar number were sent to the Singapore Red Hat office for F21 and F22. For F21, we shipped them; and for F22, Harish carried them back from FUDCon Pune. We also shipped some F22 DVDs to the Red Hat Beijing office. Currently Connor YAN is the contact in Red Hat Beijing office to handle DVDs.
All these shipments were done internally in Red Hat. This needs approval of the internal management teams since they are different departments. Rupali is the contact in Pune to arrange for shipping.