Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2007-12-12 - EMEA
- 2007-12-12 20:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
This week's Ambassadors Meeting will be lead by FabianAffolter.
- Please follow Meeting Protocol
- Report current status of FAMSco
- Report current status of Ambassadors Membership
- Report current status of Ambassadors Materials
- Report current status of Fedora Events (passed & upcoming)
- Status of the NPO
- Status of initial Statutes Draft ( Jeroen van Meeuwen )
- Summary of the FAD
Transcript in HTML
- The nomination period for a FAMSco seat was extended about one week due to lack of nominations.
- The deadline for a self-nomination was 12-09-2007.
- Nominations: AlejandroMoncada, FrancescoUgolini, JeffreyTadlock, JohnBabich, PabloBarrera, RodrigoPadula, SandroMathys, ThomasCanniot, and myself.
- Unfortunately there is no effort from APAC.
- The voting period will start soon. Please vote for your favorite candidate when the voting period has started.
- 2007-12-11, 282 Ambassadors have been verified (signed CLA and joined 'ambassadors' group)
- How many of those 282 ambassadors are based in the EMEA region? -> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/CountryList
Media will be removed from future meetings because it's more associated to Distribution than the Ambassadors Program.
Linux Solutions at Paris
- We are subscribed, we will have a booth
Chemnitzer LinuxTage 2008
- Who is willing to hep me in Chemnitz? JensKuehnel will not go alone!
- He have not ordered a booth. Want to help him there? Send him an Email
- JeroenVanMeeuwen keeps his promises to translate "Gerold's version" into english and sent it to him for checking.
- GeroldKassube translated the "goales" into german and sent the letter to the financial department to check out if the goals are good enough for the german law to be confirmed as "allgemeinnützig" which is related to pay taxes or not -> the answer is still standing
- BartCouvreur ask for the statutes. Everybody will get the opportunity to see the translated version; but first we want to check out if THIS version will match with the law of the country in which we will found it; othwerwise it makes no sense to confrontate you with a version which is not the value on the stamp with which it is send.
- CLA has nothing to do with the NPO. The statutes only describe the how's, who's and what's of the organization itself. It sets rules for the organization (e.g. the executive board) to have general members meetings once a year, etc
- JeroenVanMeeuwen have a huge chunk translated and he is starting the last couple of notes, He hope to be able to send out a draft by the end of the week, otherwise it'll be during the weekend. Motion to move the item to the next meeting for another status update
- Vote on the statutes on FOSDEM 2008 and maybe election of the board there. Founding has to be a face-to-face meeting with the founder. A minimum of seven and out of this crowed the board must be elected there is no country limitaion where you found and which nationality the persons must be.
- The name will be Fedora EMEA -it has been agreed upon by mspevack. It aligns with another NPO initiative JeroenVanMeeuwen is involved with in the USA, as well as with "Fedora Project" being the official project itself.
Next meeting (so far)
- 2008-01-16 - 20.00 UTC
- See Ambassadors Meetings for the next meeting date and time.