Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2008-01-16 - EMEA
- 2008-01-16 20:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
This week's Ambassadors Meeting will be lead by FabianAffolter.
- Please follow Meeting Protocol
- News from FAmSCo
- Report current status of upcoming Fedora Events in EMEA. See Fedora Events page.
- Report current status of Ambassadors Materials. See Tracker page.
- Report current status of Ambassadors Membership. See Verification page.
- Status of the NPO
- Status of Social Networks activities and plans for the future
- Raw Log : https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-January/msg00144.html
- HTML Log : https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Ambassadors/Meetings/2008-01-16/HTML_Log
- FAmSCo election is over. he members are RodrigoPadula, ThomasCanniot, FrancescoUgolini, FabianAffolter, JeffreyTadlock, AndreasRau, and JohnBabich. FrancescoUgolini will be the chair. FabianAffolter the vice-chair.
- Refer to this page if you want do know about the votes http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-01-12
- 2008-01-15, 292 Ambassadors have been verified (signed CLA and joined 'ambassadors' group).
- There is a FAmSCo proposal of cleaning-up the the list. Chitlesh made a first start in 2006 and maybe we are going to continue. It's not a about "active vs. inactive", only about to delete very old request for being an ambassador.
- There is no list about the probationary period of ambassadors.
Linux Solutions at Paris
- Everything is getting ready slowly as usual. But they are ready and will have 8 ambassadors on the booth, which is huge :)
- They are only waiting for DVD from GeroldKassube / MaxSpevack and everything will be perfect.
- There are very cheap hotel in the suburb of Brussels, where ThomasCanniot will spend the night with other French Ambassadors.
- It's also a pitty that we can't stay all together, but OK, it depends on every portmonnaie. But in my eyes THIS is an issue which must be solved by the organizing Ambassadors.
Chemnitzer LinuxTage 2008
- They received our approval for a booth.
- Ambassadors are JoergSimon, RobertScheck, JensKuehnel and a last chance for DanielKretschmer.
- They will get a OLPC from RH Munich
- They have banners and will get 100 DVDs from GeroldKassube.
- GeroldKassube talked this afternoon with FlorianBrand and he trys to get a OLPC for the EMEA Ambassadors from JanWildeboer but he needs his next week for an event.
- FlorianBrand will inform kital later on, when he kwnos exactly when the OLPC is in Stuttgart.
- Booth has been confirmed and we are enough people to handle the booth. Till now, we have no media and no swag. The plan was to use media from the same order as for the other European events. Posters are ready and we will get banners, too.
- AlanCox will be at this event
- Lolug (a week ago) ask him to do a speech about fedora and fedora project
- He would like to invite other ambassadors from Italy (maybe from north of Italy), or forward invitation through various local lug mailing lists.
- He will send an email to fedora-ambassadors ml with event details and I'll start process to request dvds and so on...
- Same status as last year :-) Unfortunately the german departments haven't answered yet.
- 1) increase fedora visibility under some "very used social networks" (linked and flickr in particular...)
- 2) discover how many “fedora enthusiasts” are over social networks and how many of these read fedora-ambassadors and fedora-mkrt mailing list
- Linkedin: If you search “fedora” you can find about 450 people but only 35 are subscribed to fedora group (for the moment we have 3 managers: FrancescoCrippa, PascalCalarco and JonStanley)
- Facebook: the Fedora Ambassadors group has 4 members; the Fedora Rocks group has: 636 members, the Fedora Users group 234 and the Fedora -Linux group 71
- Invitation of "VIPs" (like JimWhitehurst or other important people in Fedora...MaxSpevack, PaulFrields, etc...)
- See Ambassadors Meetings for the next meeting date and time.