FAmSCo Meeting Minutes: 2006-06-05
- Agenda page at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings
- Item #1
- OSCON - BobJensen
- The Conference Director for OSCON invited Fedora Project at 0 cost. July 24-28, 2006
- EvilBob: I have had NO feedback from Jack Aboutboul on this, I sent an email 2 weeks ago
- EvilBob: I will contact Jack again via email, if that does not produce results I will call him action item
- Item #2
- Ambassadors Chroniclers - BobJensen
- These will be folks who summarize Ambassadors activites week after week. BobJensen will put this as a task for himself ASAP
- lxmaier: EvilBob: do you still wish to pursue this?
- lxmaier: if not, we can do two things,
- lxmaier: 1) drop it altogether
- lxmaier: 2) find a new foster father for it
- EvilBob: lxmaier: If someone outside of FAMSCo is willing to take it up I will help and supervise
- lxmaier: EvilBob: this is exactly how it should work, since we can't do all the work ourselves
- nman64: We need to get someone writing for the Weekly Reports.
- lxmaier: the chroniclers were supposed to write stuff, while the weekly report would be a compilation (selective) of what happened each month
- EvilBob: nman64: I think the same person could do both tasks as they are releated
- lxmaier: it's like many journalists and one monthly digest
- lxmaier: EvilBob: yeah, like the project lead could compile the monthly report
- lxmaier: and the project members would contribute short articles
- lxmaier: EvilBob: so yeah, go forward and find a worthy lead for this initiative then :)
- EvilBob: I will work over the neext week to see what I can do to find someone for this action item
- Item #3
- Personal CLA reminders - BobJensen
- Bob will contact members personally and push them to sign the CLA and get more actively involved
- lxmaier: which we kind of discussed above :)
- EvilBob: lxmaier: I need to hook up with tchung and nman64 on this to see if we can "build a list" of people that need to be talked to action item
- Item #4
- Budget update - MaxSpevack
- lxmaier: last edited 2006-04-21 13:27:39 by GregDeKoenigsberg
- lxmaier: so okay, i will ping max about the budget
- Aside Item
- FAMSCo Task Group reports
- lxmaier: i think we have reached the stage where we can switch to having the task group reports submitted weekly by email BEFORE the famsco meeting action item
- Item #5
- LinuxTag update - GregDeKoenigsberg
- Will follow up with GeroldKassube and FlorianBrand for an event post-mortem
- tchung: Well, as you know. He sent out a report by email but it was never posted on wiki.
- tchung: so I took a liberty and posted on the wiki.
- tchung: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxTag/Report
- lxmaier: in the future though, we do need to make sure the ambassadors follow through
- lxmaier: i mean, it's in the conditions for reimbursement, to produce a report on the wiki
- Item #6
- Famsco re-election - RahulSundaram
- Create a procedure for re-election of Famsco membership and set regular election schedule
- lxmaier: we will keep this on the list, but will not take any action until i guess august-september
- nman64: That's still something that needs to be taken care of, but we'll largely be following in the footsteps of other projects.
- lxmaier: we need the procedures, yes, but we have time, since we have just gotten elected
- lxmaier: i agree with all this, but this is a non-urgent issue. like "important, but not urgent"
- lxmaier: by end of september we better have something in place, and the rotation schedule would be part of this.
- lxmaier: i will ping mether on this issue and see what he says action item
- Item #7
- Schwag guidelines - Schwag/Events task group
- Create a set of guidelines to distribute schwag and to produce it locally, in line with Reimbursement guidelines
- lxmaier: we still have no guidelines
- EvilBob: and as a group we have had very little team discussion
- EvilBob: this is going to have to change if our groups will be of value
- Item #8
- Fedora privacy protection AlexMaier
- Disiplinary measures for members who share their address books with third-party services June 15, 2006
- lxmaier: i will write the guidelines and publish them on the famsco list by june 15 action item
- nman64: Something key with this: it really only affects the mailing list. Ambassadors can't share all other ambassador's addresses easily.
- nman64: It's only happened a couple of times, and this last one was an admitted error.
- EvilBob: I don't think any current ambassadros will make the same error
- lxmaier: nman64: we need to mention this somewhere, in case they do not know what actions like this may entail
- tchung: Well, best place will be "Code of Conduct" wiki page.
- lxmaier: nman64: i'll whip up something short and sweet in about a week. if you all will like it, we'll post it. action item
- Task Group Reports
- lxmaier: task group reports will follow by email.
- lxmaier: due in 36 hours.
- lxmaier: next time round, we'll have the reports in *before* the meeting action item