note for self: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sankarshan/Questions}}
This list of frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers helps Fedora Ambassadors answer some of the difficult questions they may face. For general Fedora-related questions, see the top-level FAQ.
Feel free to extend the list of questions, or to improve the existing answers!
- 1 I have just joined
- 2 I want to organise/participate in an event
- 2.1 What is a Fedora Event?
- 2.2 What is a Release Party?
- 2.3 I want to organize an event and need some money and/or swags. What do I do?
- 2.4 Is there any help with organizing an event?
- 2.5 Where can I find previous presentations?
- 2.6 Talking about events, what am I supposed to do and what should I avoid?
- 2.7 What are the common questions in an event?
- 2.8 Questions asked at event booths
- 3 I need something, whom do I ask?
- 3.1 I need manpower and volunteers for the event. How do I get them?
- 3.2 Where do I get a CD/DVD?
- 3.3 Where do I get banner/posters/stickers?
- 3.4 I need an ambassadors kit. Is there any such thing?
- 3.5 I want to produce some custom swags
- 3.6 Where can I get a customs letter for shipping purposes?
- 3.7 Are there any official clothes to wear during events?
- 3.8 I have spent some monies on Fedora, how do I get reimbursed?
- 4 I have been around for some time, I am interested in taking my contribution to the next level
- 5 I am leaving, what are the formalities?
I have just joined
Help me, it is so confusing
I want a general overview, where should I go?
How do I spread the word about Fedora?
How am I officially recognised?
Where can I get a business card for identification purposes?
To create a Fedora Business card, please follow the information at Ambassadors/BusinessCards. These allow you to be officially recognized.
What else should I do?
Where can I find my fellow ambassadors?
I want to organise/participate in an event
What is a Fedora Event?
What is a Release Party?
I want to organize an event and need some money and/or swags. What do I do?
Use the tracking system to file a ticket. Please be as precise as you can while asking for swags/money justifying your requirements. Do not ask for more stuff than required.
Is there any help with organizing an event?
The Event Organizers' Resources page contains a lot of useful information about organizing an event. If you want to give some presentations, do check out this page. You can find some interesting flyers here. If you have any further question, write to the email@example.com mailing list. Often there are other Ambassadors in your area ask them to help you and organize the participation at the event together. This way it's more fun and less work. And don't forget to list your event at Events page.
Where can I find previous presentations?
Talking about events, what am I supposed to do and what should I avoid?
What are the common questions in an event?
Questions asked at event booths
Please see the following (Questions from other Ambassadors from working events) https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Booth_questions
I need something, whom do I ask?
I need manpower and volunteers for the event. How do I get them?
If you are organizing the event in a college or university, you can get help from campus ambassadors or other technical societies and student chapters. You can also involve some LUGs.
Where do I get a CD/DVD?
I need an ambassadors kit. Is there any such thing?
I want to produce some custom swags
Where can I get a customs letter for shipping purposes?
Regulations for many countries may limit, prohibit or apply a tax when importing or exporting software media. A standard letter may be required for the media to qualify under certain statutes. Please check with your local authorities for regulations that may affect you, and see the CustomsLetter page for our standard letter for certain customs agencies.
Are there any official clothes to wear during events?
Some Ambassadors in EMEA created the Fedora Ambassadors Polo Shirt . It's not the official uniform but it has visual identification characteristics for visitors.
Also, North America Ambassadors created a Button-Up Ambassadors Shirt that can be used at events. As with the polo, it is not an official uniform, but it does identify Fedora Ambassadors out of the crowd.
I have spent some monies on Fedora, how do I get reimbursed?
I have been around for some time, I am interested in taking my contribution to the next level
I am leaving, what are the formalities?
I've no time to participate in the Ambassadors Project at the moment. What do you suggest?
Just suspend yourself from the Project for a while by leaving a message at your personal wiki page to inform visitors that you are busy right now. If you know how long your "time out" will take, send a short note to FAmSCo ( firstname.lastname@example.org) so that someone knows what's going on.
I'm no longer active in the Ambassadors Project. Can I remove myself?
Of course you can. We understand if you have no more time to participate in the Ambassadors Project or if other parts of the Fedora Project have become more important to you. Before you quit, think about suspending yourself from the Ambassadors Project for a while by just leaving a message at your personal wiki page to inform visitors that you are inactive. Otherwise...
- Remove yourself from the Ambassadors Group in the FAS
- Remove your entry from the CountryList and your CategoryAmbassadors+Country entry at your personal wiki page.
Don't forget: You can join us again later.