|Line 40:||Line 40:|
1. the general structure of Ambassadors project;
2. resources according the principle of equity;
3. global initiatives;
4. membership management and the mentoring initiative.
5. the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
7. the Budget Manager and the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
6. the diffusion of Fedora Project principles.
Revision as of 10:33, 13 September 2009
Draft of FAmSCo Statute
This is a DRAFT of FAmSCo Satute: it would be subject to changes.
The philosophy behind this statute it to update FAmSCo stucture according to the Regional model adopted and, now, well tested, in order to have a simple (not complex) structure and letting ALL Ambassadors the power to decide who will be the Chair. With this system, we will ensure the best organization.
Moreover the presence of the Budget Manager and the Ambassadors Administrator, the "technical side" of the project will be represented to ensure better focused policies in their respective skills.
I'm sure we should agree on this system, that will assure the best way to have a working FAmSCo.
a. "Ambassador" is a member of the Ambassadors Group in the Fedora Account System (FAS). See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/.
b. "Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee" (now "FAmSCo") is the representing body of Fedora Ambassadors Project (now Ambassadors Project).
c. "Local Contact" is the responsible person for one of the following regions: NA, EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
d. "Budget Manager" is the person who directly manages and distributes resources.
e. "Ambassadors Membership Administrator" is the person, nominated by FAmSCo, who is in charge of Ambassadors Membership Administration, Ambassadors FAS Sponsors and Ambassadors Mentors.
f. "FAmSCo Chair" (now "The Chair") is the coordinator of FAmSCo.
2. FAmSCo structure
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members:
- Four seats are reserved to the local contacts.
- Three seats are filled with a general election among Ambassadors according to the procedure of the "Election Rules".
3. FAmSCo functions
1. organizes the general structure of Ambassadors project;
2. distributes resources according the principle of equity;
3. organizes global initiatives;
4. coordinates membership management and the mentoring initiative.
5. promotes the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
7. nominates the Budget Manager and the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
6. promotes the diffusion of Fedora Project principles.
When seized or when the situation requires it, FAmSCo judges on the disputes between ambassadors, including disputes between ambassadors and local contacts, according to the procedure of art. 5.
The other functions, if not required by the situation, are managed by local contacts.
4. FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair Election
FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair are elected according to the procedures of the "Election Rules".
5. Resolution of Disputes
When it's asked by any Ambassador and/or called by a FAmSCo member, a Commission for the Settlement of Disputes (now "The Commission") is formed.
The Commission is composed by the FAmSCo Chair, 2 (two) other FAmSCo members not directly involved in the dispute and an Ambassador with a recognized experience of 2 or more years in the project.
By right, FAmSCo Chair is the president of The Commission. If it's not possible to take a decision on the dispute, The Chair can change the members of The Commission or proceed to a direct conciliation between the parties.
6. Final Provisions
a. A change of regions number and/or project structure will require a revision of this statute.
d. The Commission, as art. 4 stated, could be seized to decide in order to any dispute on this Statute.
e. When more Local Contacts are present in a region, the Ambassadors of that region will be responsible to nominate their representative. The Commission could be seized to solve any controversy arising from the appointment.