Draft of FAmSCo Statute
The philosophy behind this statute it to update FAmSCo stucture according to the Regional model adopted and, now, well tested, in order to have a simple (not complex) structure and letting ALL Ambassadors the power to decide who will be the Chair. With this system, we will ensure the best organization.
Moreover the presence of the Budget Manager and the Ambassadors Administrator, the "technical side" of the project will be represented to ensure better focused policies in their respective skills.
I'm sure we should agree on this system, that will assure the best way to have a working FAmSCo.
- Ambassador is a member of the Ambassadors Group in the Fedora Account System (FAS). See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/. More pragmatically, an Ambassador serves the purpose of representing Fedora.
- Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (hereafter "FAmSCo") is the governing body of Fedora Ambassadors Project (hereafter Ambassadors Project).
- Ambassadors Membership Administrator is the person, nominated by FAmSCo, are responsible for maintenance and overseeing Ambassador FAS membership, Ambassadors FAS Sponsors and Ambassadors Mentors in accordance with directives issued by FAmSCo.
- Region - Fedora has divided the world into geographical regions to push responsibility and authority out. Currently those regions are Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM), and North America (NA).
- Regional Leadership - Leadership appointed or elected by the geographical regions that direct the happenings going on in the region, provide budget oversight, and generally get things done
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members:
- four (4) seats are reserved to the Local Contacts, one for each region;
- three (3) seats are filled with a general election among Ambassadors according to the procedure of the "Election Rules".
- organizes the general structure of Ambassadors project;
- distributes resources globally;
- organizes global initiatives;
- coordinates membership management and the mentoring initiative.
- promotes the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
- nominates the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
- promotes the diffusion of Fedora Project principles.
When requested or when the situation requires it, FAmSCo has the responsibility to resolve any disputes that arise.
The other functions, if not required by the situation, are managed by Local Contacts.
FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair Election
FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair are elected according to the procedures of the "Election Rules".