- 1 DVD Install Walkthrough
- 2 Ugly Black Screen
- 3 Media check
- 4 Media check - are you sure?
- 5 Media check - progress bar
- 6 Media check successful
- 7 Running anaconda...
- 8 Anaconda Splash
- 9 Language Selection
- 10 Keyboard Selection
- 11 Basic or Specialized Storage Devices
- 12 Cant upgrade
- 13 Hostname
- 14 Time zone
- 15 Root password
- 16 Install pattern
- 17 Partitioning
- 18 Partitioning - Scary Notice
- 19 Formatting
- 20 Boot loader
- 21 Customize Repos
- 22 Customize Packages
- 23 Installation Starting
- 24 Actual Installation
- 25 Post Installation box
- 26 Finished
- 27 Firstboot splash
- 28 License Information
- 29 Create User
- 30 Date and Time
- 31 Hardware Profile
DVD Install Walkthrough
Note this does not include the time required to download the ISO (1.5 hours here) and burn the ISO to a DVD (10 minutes), nor setting the computer to boot from DVD.
Total elapsed time, including media check, was 45 minutes.
Pick Ïnstall a new system or upgrade an existing system" from the syslinux menu.
- basic video driver - why would I use this?
- rescue installed system - okay, this is sensical, although I wouldnt think to use an install DVD for this
- boot from local drive - better wording?
- memory test - why is this here?
Ugly Black Screen
- vmlinuz... blah blah.... initrd.img.... blah blah
- do people need to see this? :(
- Do you want to go ahead, or do you want to test your media?
Media check - are you sure?
- Do you really want to media test, or eject? This screen seems a little nonsensical in this order.
Media check - progress bar
Media check successful
- Just an OK button, nothing else you can do
- The DVD pops out, which is an annoyance as you have to insert it back in
Seems to be a conversion between ncurses mode to graphical mode.
Basic or Specialized Storage Devices
Partitioning - Scary Notice
This actually took a good 5 minutes or so.
Post Installation box
Not really sure what the point of this thing is.
- Full name
- Password check
- NIS / authconfig-gtk