Anaconda FCoE Support
Add FCoE support to anaconda's storage code.
- Name: Hans De Goede
- email: jwrdegoede AT fedoraproject DOT org
- Targeted release: Fedora 12
- Last updated: 2009-06-26
- Percentage of completion: 40%
FCoE devices can be added from the advanced storage menu and then used to install onto.
Benefit to Fedora
Improved hardware support
The code is mostly written and is currently in debug, still to do:
- kickstart support for fcoe
- write out FCoE configuration information to the installed system
How To Test
Testing will require FCoE hardware, which is not terribly common.
We will have to verify the following areas of functionality:
- recognize devices and install
- on new partitions
- on existing partitions
- on new LVM logical volumes
- on preexisting LVM logical volumes
- creation of encrypted block devices at various levels in the device stack (partition, PV, LV, mdarray, &c)
- detection of arbitrarily complex device configurations (luks, mdraid, lvm, &c)
- management and configuration of existing encrypted block devices
- automatic partitioning of systems
- clearing of existing devices/partitions
- removal of existing devices
- reconfiguration of existing devices
- detection of existing upgradable installations with widely varied storage configurations
- rescue mounting of existing systems with a wide variety of storage configurations
This should improve the user's experience with regard to the storage configuration portion of system installation.
No impact unless you have this hardware.
- openfcoe initiator support inside the kernel (done)
- fcoe-utils (done)
Disable the add FCoE storage button, which effectively nullifies all FCoE code
- FIXME: Will need to include in Installation Guide.
Fedora 12 includes support for installation onto FCoE devices, you can use this by clicking on the advanced storage button in the partitioning screen and then select "Add FCoE SAN".
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Features/AnacondaStorageRewriteor conversation without bogging down the main feature page -->