Anaconda iSCSI Cleanup
Improve anaconda's iSCSI support.
This is a complete iscsi rewrite replacing iscsiadm with the new libiscsi and adding python bindings.
- Hans DeGoede <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Targeted release: [Fedora 11]
- Last updated: (02/10/09)
- Percentage of completion: 95%
iSCSI support in anaconda needed extensive cleanup. This patch replaces the iscsi.py code with new code using libiscsi.
- Report error when we cannot add a disk instead of silently failing (461830)
- Report error when trying to use iscsi from kickstart without having an iscsiname directive first (463156)
- Better feedback while scanning iscsi disks
- Make ibft work with chap and 2-way chap
- Make ibft configured disks available for upgrades and in rescue mode
- Make ibft boot work even when iscsi-initiator-utils is installed after the
kernel in the transaction
Benefit to Fedora
Fewer anaconda bugs and easier maintenance
- Review and fix numerous reported problems
- Include latest ibft, CHAP and reverse CHAP support
none; this is a necessary revision of existing (broken) support
Not user visible so none needed