Anaconda/UX Redesign/Design Comments 1
- General comment: Progress indicator? "How many steps do I have left?"
- General comment: Why not have a help button on each screen that brings up more descriptive info?
- Put preupgrade here?
- Need to explain difference between upgrade & preupgrade
- They'll be one and the same moving forward? --Duffy 18:45, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Network twice?
- Yep, first time is the network for the installer, we list it in the 1st hub in case you change your mind and want to change how you set it up
- Storage is in flux right now... (mo's comment)
Welcome and Language
- Can we use geo-location to suggest languages?
- Can language, keyboard, and time zone be a single screen?
- How does this look with a server with 8 NICS?
- What about bonding adapters? bond0?
- Needs a skip button
- allow blinking lights on NIC if more than 1 NIC available
- Automatic" should be labeled with (DHCP)
- Really need a scrollbar for this?
- Install destination / disk selection
- Perhaps a visual cue to indicate screens you have not visited?
- GNOME 2 desktop
- None (headless server)
- For RHEL this will be based on products / will look different (mo note)
- visually make this a more interesting panel. desktop env icons
- What if I don't know what a yum repo is?
- earlier type-ahead filter obx was on top
- does everyone see this kbd stuff? or is it an advanced thing I need to go out of my way to select? is it necessary to require everyone to see?
- [ ] Right Alt
Date and Time
- Defaults based on Geo-IP - will this work in a corporate network environment?
- Grammar / install source reads like I'm installing the SRPMS
- Allow user to add a KS file if missed it in the boot line on this screen
- Cloud storage? (Gluster)
- Where is RAID or LVM config done?
- Show unformatted disks first (if any?)
- Different icons for single disk, volume group, RAID, SSD, SAN
- How to install to RAID set?
Storage Filter / Network Devices
- These only show up if you click "Add a disk" on #9-1-2
- I assume zSeries tab would only appear on Z
Storage Sanity Check
- Can it shrink NTFS?
- The word "cancel" is ominous. Con't tell implications. How far back in the sequence will I go?
- Pink is capacity cost of adding features (mo note)
- list of common / frequent bugs
- abolish Fedora GPL EULA!
- Perhaps show "password strength" here also? (weak, strong, etc.)
- or authenticate against Active Directory
- Option to enroll machine with an IPA environment?
- You've got CAPS LOCK on warning