Anaconda/UX Redesign/Design Comments 1
- General comment: Progress indicator? "How many steps do I have left?"
- General comment: Why not have a help button on each screen that brings up more descriptive info?
- Put preupgrade here?
- Need to explain difference between upgrade & preupgrade
- They'll be one and the same moving forward? --Duffy 18:45, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Network twice?
- Yep, first time is the network for the installer, we list it in the 1st hub in case you change your mind and want to change how you set it up --Duffy 18:45, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Storage is in flux right now... (mo's comment)
Welcome and Language
- Can we use geo-location to suggest languages?
- We won't have a network connection this early, so it would be pretty difficult, wouldn't it? But we need to ask language up front so the user can read and understand the installer itself. --Duffy 18:46, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Can language, keyboard, and time zone be a single screen?
- That's a lot of information for one screen. It would be a really tight fit. We're trying to model these after the GNOME upstream dialogs so that whether or not the user configures something in the installer or on the desktop, they have a similar experience and don't have too much trouble working with varying dialogs. That being said, we'll summarize the defaults we selected in the hub, you can read through them, and click down to any of the three dialogs you want to work with. So you may only have to click on one if you only need to adjust the default on one of them. --Duffy 18:47, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- How does this look with a server with 8 NICS?
- What about bonding adapters? bond0?
- Needs a skip button
- allow blinking lights on NIC if more than 1 NIC available
- Automatic" should be labeled with (DHCP)
- Really need a scrollbar for this?
- Install destination / disk selection
- Perhaps a visual cue to indicate screens you have not visited?
- GNOME 2 desktop
- None (headless server)
- For RHEL this will be based on products / will look different (mo note)
- visually make this a more interesting panel. desktop env icons
- What if I don't know what a yum repo is?
- earlier type-ahead filter obx was on top
- does everyone see this kbd stuff? or is it an advanced thing I need to go out of my way to select? is it necessary to require everyone to see?
- [ ] Right Alt
Date and Time
- Defaults based on Geo-IP - will this work in a corporate network environment?
- Grammar / install source reads like I'm installing the SRPMS
- Allow user to add a KS file if missed it in the boot line on this screen
- Cloud storage? (Gluster)
- Where is RAID or LVM config done?
- Show unformatted disks first (if any?)
- Different icons for single disk, volume group, RAID, SSD, SAN
- How to install to RAID set?
Storage Filter / Network Devices
- These only show up if you click "Add a disk" on #9-1-2
- I assume zSeries tab would only appear on Z
Storage Sanity Check
- Can it shrink NTFS?
- The word "cancel" is ominous. Con't tell implications. How far back in the sequence will I go?
- Pink is capacity cost of adding features (mo note)
- list of common / frequent bugs
- abolish Fedora GPL EULA!
- Perhaps show "password strength" here also? (weak, strong, etc.)
- or authenticate against Active Directory
- Option to enroll machine with an IPA environment?
- You've got CAPS LOCK on warning