- General comment: Progress indicator? "How many steps do I have left?"
- General comment: Why not have a help button on each screen that brings up more descriptive info?
- Put preupgrade here?
- Need to explain difference between upgrade & preupgrade
- They'll be one and the same moving forward? --Duffy 18:45, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Network twice?
- Yep, first time is the network for the installer, we list it in the 1st hub in case you change your mind and want to change how you set it up --Duffy 18:45, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Storage is in flux right now... (mo's comment)
Welcome and Language
- Can we use geo-location to suggest languages?
- We won't have a network connection this early, so it would be pretty difficult, wouldn't it? But we need to ask language up front so the user can read and understand the installer itself. --Duffy 18:46, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Can language, keyboard, and time zone be a single screen?
- That's a lot of information for one screen. It would be a really tight fit. We're trying to model these after the GNOME upstream dialogs so that whether or not the user configures something in the installer or on the desktop, they have a similar experience and don't have too much trouble working with varying dialogs. That being said, we'll summarize the defaults we selected in the hub, you can read through them, and click down to any of the three dialogs you want to work with. So you may only have to click on one if you only need to adjust the default on one of them. --Duffy 18:47, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- How does this look with a server with 8 NICS?
- I think they would be listed out separately in the widget on the left, which does have the ability to scroll. What I'd like to ask you, is how many NICs do you potentially see on one system? Do we need some kind of filtering system to handle > 12 network devices, do you think? --Duffy 18:50, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- What about bonding adapters? bond0?
- We support what network manager supports. I don't know if NM supports this right now. --Duffy 18:50, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Needs a skip button
- Yes, agreed 100%. Not everyone wants a network install so we shouldn't force it on them. --Duffy 18:50, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- allow blinking lights on NIC if more than 1 NIC available
- Is this for a server case or for a desktop case? Is this something we can support or are we getting into poorly supported / proprietary driver territory here? --Duffy 18:50, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Automatic" should be labeled with (DHCP)
- We could label it DHCP for RHEL, but I don't think it makes sense for Fedora / desktop. --Duffy 18:50, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Really need a scrollbar for this?
- Nope, and ideally it would stay that way. However, I put the scrollbar in the mockup just so you could see if there were a lot of modules, we *could* make it scroll. This becomes more important in firstboot where third parties may add more modules than one screenful could hold. --Duffy 18:51, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Install destination / disk selection
- I don't actually follow this post-it - does this mean, 'install destination' should be renamed 'disk selection' ? --Duffy 18:51, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Perhaps a visual cue to indicate screens you have not visited?
- Good idea! --Duffy 18:51, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- are we sure we don't want to select all disks and enable some default autopart by default, making it possible to not visit the storage spoke? (from dlehman in IRC)
- Potentially! This would be good for the desktop case... --Duffy 18:51, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- GNOME 2 desktop
- None (headless server)
- For RHEL this will be based on products / will look different (mo note)
- visually make this a more interesting panel. desktop env icons
- What if I don't know what a yum repo is?
- earlier type-ahead filter obx was on top
- does everyone see this kbd stuff? or is it an advanced thing I need to go out of my way to select? is it necessary to require everyone to see?
Date and Time
- Defaults based on Geo-IP - will this work in a corporate network environment?
- Grammar / install source reads like I'm installing the SRPMS
- Allow user to add a KS file if missed it in the boot line on this screen
- Cloud storage? (Gluster)
- Where is RAID or LVM config done?
- Show unformatted disks first (if any?)
- Different icons for single disk, volume group, RAID, SSD, SAN
- How to install to RAID set?
Storage Filter / Network Devices
- These only show up if you click "Add a disk" on #9-1-2
- I assume zSeries tab would only appear on Z
Storage Sanity Check
- The word "cancel" is ominous. Con't tell implications. How far back in the sequence will I go?
- Pink is capacity cost of adding features (mo note)
fucking great idea
- list of common / frequent bugs
- Perhaps show "password strength" here also? (weak, strong, etc.)
- or authenticate against Active Directory
- Option to enroll machine with an IPA environment?
- You've got CAPS LOCK on warning